Comprehension and Results
We ensure that you and your organization have everything you need to be able to succeed in every way.
Our approach to disability awareness is informed by the unique experience of being both a compliance expert and a person with affected by a disability.
This experience has shaped our core values of respect and inclusion. Our awareness training, not only includes training in required AODA compliance areas, but emphasizes the need to celebrate diversity – in all its forms – and teaches how to build truly inclusive communities for your customers and employees alike.
We are committed to achieving more than mere understanding; therefore we combine our coaching and training skill sets to ensure that these core values and ideas have an opportunity to really take root within your workplace.
The Herrington Group designs and delivers direct participant training workshops, as well as, train-the-trainer workshops and toolkits that are practical and concise.
All disability awareness training sessions created by The Herrington Group Ltd are “cross disability based” meaning they explore the needs and experiences of individuals with a variety of different disabilities including mobility, sensory, learning, mental health and environmental.
- Increase participant awareness of the AODA; its purpose, function and main legislative areas (Standards) as well as other legislation affecting people with disabilities (Ontario Human Rights Act).
- Provide participants with a clear understanding of requirements under the AODA and offences for non-compliance.
- Explore specific regulatory requirements of AODA Accessibility Standards.
- Increase participant self-awareness regarding personal assumptions and approaches when interacting with people with disabilities.
- Allow participants to learn a variety of, and choose the most appropriate way(s) to, interact with individuals with disabilities thereby increasing staff’s knowledge and skill repertoire in serving people with disabilities.
- Explore ways to create required compliance materials, documents and procedures through active exercises and templates.
Disability Awareness Training and Development Projects
- City of Thorold
- Community Support Services of Niagara
- Region of Peel
- Town of Grimsby
- Town of Lincoln
- Town of Pelham
- Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Township of Wainfleet
“I have heard nothing but positive and complimentary feedback… One staff member said that it was one of the best training sessions she has been to in a long time. Thank you so much for working with us in such a professional and knowledgeable manner; it has been an absolute pleasure.”